Resisted Shoulder Rotation
- Start with the resistance band tied off at elbow height.
- Standing up straight with your shoulders back and elbows bent at your side.
- Gently pull the band outwards away from your body by rotating your shoulder, then slowly return to the start position.
- This should be performed in a pain free range.
- This exercise is great for early stage shoulder stability.
- The Rotator Cuff muscles (which are targeted with this exercise) are the main stabilisers of the shoulder.
- Injuries as well as age-related changes in rotator cuff tendons leave them less elastic and more susceptible to injury, this can be counteracted with strengthening.