Bosu Ball Squats
- Start by standing on the bosu ball with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Slowly lower yourself into the squat position without letting your knees move forward over your toes.
- Then slowly return to the starting position.
- This is a great whole body exercise to work your core as well as your hips, knees and ankles.
- If using a bosu ball is too difficult, the squats can be performed on a pillow to still allow for a balance component or just on the flat ground to begin with.
- Most athletic injuries involve weak stabiliser muscles, ligaments and connective tissues, which squats help strengthen. They also can help to prevent injuries by improving your flexibility and balance.
- Functional exercises are those that help your body perform real-life activities, squats are one of the best functional exercises out there.